Friday 17 January 2014

Plane ticket has arrived, Canada here I come, again.

When we were last in Canada I met a lad (Nick Brown) who worked for another Alberta company. He was packing up his family and moving to New Brunswick.
I was just reminded of them, as his wife Sandy just left a comment on a previous post (thanks Sandy) It seems they have now moved across to Edmonton, but it wasn't plain sailing as you will find if you read her blog...

"The trailer forced us off into the ditch and the front drivers side corner hit a rock. This caused us to flip and roll, tearing the trailer from the car. The trailer then hit the back of us, stopping the roll and spun us round.
It was horrific and terrifying. ..."

Continue reading here... A truck driver's wife, my account of Canadian life.


Plane ticket has arrived, I'll be arriving back in Calgary February 11th, and I'm sad to leave Cath, family and friends, but happy to meet back up with pals in Canada.

My only fear is whether I can stand to be away from my new love, and Cath will also have the same problem when she gets here, but it's not Afghan or Iraq, and I know people who have left young families behind to go to those war zones, so no comparison really.

I was going to call this blog "Letter to Rebecca" but I'm a Yorkshireman, not a soft bloody southerner!

9 comments:

Montedarlo said...

Good luck Mick. A little bit jealous of you but my time in Canada is done. I hope everything goes well and I will be following your exploits. Enjoy the time you have left at home. Once again...good luck.

Mick Flynn Images said...

Cheers Phil, I'll keep tabs on you via facebook, keep up the togging mate and stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell your taking this grandma thing serious!! You've aged twenty years at least since i saw you in Skipton!!!!! Or is Cath a slave driver!!!!! Lol Catch you soon bud!! ;-)

Mick Flynn Images said...

Cheeky bugger Roly, get the kettle on in your new condo truck (I'll be happy with one of the new 579's).

Tony T said...

A up m8, I know we'll speak on the dog n bone b4 you jet off AGAIN !!
All the very best....TT

Mick Flynn Images said...

Cheers Tony, speak soon.

chris arbon said...

Good luck Mick, hope we can meet this time, some time.
I keep shouting, "Is that you Roly?" on the Cb when ever I see a Watt and Stewart truck; but never any reply.

chris arbon said...

Good luck Mick, hope we can meet-up sometime.

Mick Flynn Images said...

Cheers Chris, I hope so, I do keep my CB on most of the time so I'll listen and look.